My daughter….the one that I have longed for all of my life. The one that I went through miscarriage hell for. The one that I love with all of my heart and soul.

She is driving me up the ever loving wall.

Do ALL female children talk this much?

After coming from 3 boys, who I could basically classify as mimes for the first 3 years of their lives, having a live Chatty Cathy Doll is turning my mind into a liquid mass of neuron soup.

She starts off every sentence with “Mommy, mommy, mommy…” and only ends it after a 3 minute dialogue that makes my eyes glaze over.

Please don’t get me wrong. She is a complete love, and several times a day I can be seen nibbling on her little, fat, leg rolls and smothering her face, neck and feet in kisses. I adore her and am so not complaining.

It is just very different than what I am used to with the boys.

Is this a girl thing? Or do you have chatty boys as well?

*adding that I need to get the “Mommy, mommy, mommy” on tape, as she says it with the sweetest voice you have ever heard.

This entry was posted in Life's good. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to The part where my head splits apart from hearing “Mommy, mommy” 652,000 times a day

1. rachel says:

another confirmation of girl chattiness. the worst punishment we have is “sit on your hands and keep your mouth shut”. they act like we’re beating them.

but at the 2-3 yo stage it’s still so cute and their voices are so sweet. My eyes have been glazed over for years now

2. meredith says:

Ha! I can only confirm girl chattiness, as the mom of two girls. I have actually installed mom time-outs, where they are not allowed to scream out my name for five minutes, giving my ears a break.

3. Tammi says:

My son talks constantly…so no I do not think it is a girl thing…but we love them don’t we… ( it would be nice to think for a split second though wouldn’t it? 🙂

4. Bonnie says:

My son will be five next month and talks endlessly. While we were waiting for a table the other night the couple next to us said “how do you tune him out” I hadn’t even realized I was, but didn’t feel to bad about it 😉

5. Sue says:

This was cute and brought back many memories of my daughter who is a Cathleen (Chatty Cathy)
    I used to tell her she needed to “rest her jaw”
    sometimes. She reminds me of that even today!

6. wendy says:

My child that talks the most and makes me nuts sometimes is my son! He talks a lot! 🙂

7. I only have girls, but I know what you’re talking about. Even my 9 month old talks non-stop!

8. Blaine says:

No. I wouldn’t say it is just a girl thing. All of my kids (1 girl, 3 boys, last girl too little to talk much yet) have taken a shot at driving me absolutely bezerk with their incessant talking. 3 year olds are especially good at it!! Sorry. 8^)

9. april says:

My 2nd boy was my quietest baby and now he fills my ears to overflowing. But the girl, oh just wait til the hormones start kicking it…wheeee that’s a fun ride!

Your son is truly beautiful. Thanks for writing about these birth defects, that made me very sad. I’m glad you’re blog is out here for people to read, hopefully you are changing the minds of parents preparing to abort their baby.

10. bek says:

Yes!! Girls do talk more then boys (well, mine did). Have you seen that episode of the Simpsons where the kids want a dog and Marge won’t let them so they start saying “mom, mom, mom, mom,” etc for about a hour? That is my house. This time it is my son, but his sister still can talk me into a coma…….

Hang in there…..:-)

11. Jodi says:

Both my boys have had chatty stages. I remember DREADING car trips because my oldest would.not.shut.up. Question after question after question. And now it’s my youngest that makes my head hurt. Remember when we WANTED them to talk???

Comments are closed.