Deer might fly, why not? I met you…..

The first Christmas that we spent together, Billy set the standard tradition.

We were in Fort Worth, and it was the second time for him to meet my parents. As quiet as he is, I imagine he was a bit overwhelmed with the Italian loudness and fun. Christmas Eve at my parents house means an evening of visiting with friends and family over mixed drinks and a roaring fireplace. Dinner is at midnight, and I remember Billy was ready to go to bed.

The night grew long opening presents. It was close to 1 a.m. when he leaned over to me in the midst of wrapping paper, laughter and all the chatter and whispered in my ear “I want you for Christmas”.

My breath caught, and all the sounds around me grew muted. All I could hear were his words ringing sweetly in my ear…..his warm breath lingering like a promise.

That is all he has ever asked for at Christmas.

I hope he knows how pleased that makes me.

Tonight, after the kids are all tucked into their beds and the lights on the tree are glittering, Santa will visit, leaving green, red and silver packages shining under the tree.

Bill will be waiting for me. He is all that I want.

Merry Christmas From our family to yours.

This entry was posted in That surfer guy. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Deer might fly, why not? I met you…..

1. julie says:

I loved the video.

Happy New Year!

Julie

p.s. I think it is awesome you bought Bill the new board. Sounds like something I would do…

2. Shannon says:

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.

I love the video.

3. I’ve been humming this song all day and have finally come back to leave a comment. I love this post Jody. Thanks for sharing it. I hope your Christmas was wonderful. Thanks too for showing your love and devotion to your hubby and your kids so transparently. You remind me of the important things in life.

4. Paulette says:

Man I got emotional, I loved this!! I am so glad your living your dream with your precious family! This was awesome Jody, The merriest of Chhristmas to ya’ll!!

5. nikko says:

What a sweet memory :o) Hope you guys are having a Merry Christmas.

6. vicki says:

Such a great great, Jody! And what a most excellent pic of Bill surfing! Merry Christmas!!

Vicki

7. Nicole says:

Hi Jody! Great video! Merry Christmas 🙂 Thank you for your comments on my blog. I have not posted in a while as you have seen. I have reverted to a lurker instead of a blogger!!

8. Jenifer says: